Check out the content below, and also my YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/BunkerDudes

Also, if you need to contact me for whatever reason, email me at yashdkt@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Won a Contest!

Yeah, so I entered this poetry contest (yes, I write poetry). My mom actually convinced me into doing it, although I was against it the whole time, because I don't mean to toot my own horn here, but I knew I was going to win because my poetry is good, I have to admit it. I did win, (most credit goes to my other family members for editing, printing, enveloping, and stamping) and yesterday I went to the Awards Ceremony which was downtown. After dinner and the live music was over, the awards began and they called me up to read my poem. There were at least one hundred people there, so I was a little nervous, but not as much as last year (I'm so good I won last year too). The poet laureate handed me my certificate which had my poem glued on the back on it. I read, then obtained my cash prize of $15 which isn't much, but it'll buy me a new iPod case and some other accessories. I'm kind of glad that my parents convinced me, but now I'm in trouble because I didn't attend a workshop (which you were encouraged to go to after the Awards Ceremony) I was supposed to attend. I didn't go because it's two and a half hours on teaching me how to write poetry about small things in everyday life. To be honest, I don't really enjoy writing poetry, but I'm good at it. Same concept with math. Anyways, since I didn't attend, my parents are mad so I guess I should have gone to, but I really didn't want to. Anyways, I just wanted to share it. Salutations.

No comments:

Post a Comment