Check out the content below, and also my YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/BunkerDudes

Also, if you need to contact me for whatever reason, email me at yashdkt@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of School!

So, yesterday was my first day of school, but I didn't post this because when I came home, I was super tired, and watched ten minutes of TV, and fell asleep around the fifteen minute mark. So let me get back to school. I started middle school yesterday, and it's mostly what I expected. Some 8th and 7th graders who think they're cooler than everybody else, the newcomers who just started (that's me), the people who don't know what they're doing, the groups of girls gathering around talking trying to act all cool like in the movies, and a whole bunch of other groups. So see, no one person is really the same as another. Let me tell you the pros and cons of middle school.

PROS:
1. There's much more time to socialize, and be independent.
2. The library is much bigger than my previous school library, so you can sit back and read a book, or stress over some unfinished homework.
3. The whole school has free Wi-Fi, even though the only thing you're allowed to use is a Mackbook, and some people say that the school can track what websites you go to (by the way you're not allowed to go to YouTube, or Facebook).
4. The days seem like they pass super quickly.
5. In the cafeteria, you're allowed to choose whatever food you want whatever day you want as oppose to having a set menu for every day of the week.

CONS:
1. You have long periods, then 4 minutes to switch from one period to another, so you have to run, if one period is far from the next. That 4 minutes doesn't allow you to have a quick snack, use the restroom, or get a drink of water. It should be extended to 5 or 6 minutes.
2. Even though the bathrooms and water fountains are bad at all schools, I'm just gonna' say, people misuse the bathrooms, and the water fountains have warm water that doesn't taste good.
3. Lunch is expensive. An example is- one slice of pizza would be $3.
4. Usually the kids are all spread out in different periods, so it's pretty rare that friends will be in many of your classes.
5. All the kids who think they're so cool aren't. I haven't seen any bullies lately, but some kids where these tight jeans, with these stupid shirts and chains and straight hats, and they try and be all cool. How do I know that they're trying to be cool? Because of the way they dress and act.

So, that's been my experience so far at middle school. I've liked it so far, there's only one period I don't like. Language Arts. And, math. Make that two periods. And... well, never mind.

1 comment: